Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mojo Monday - July

Wow, what a whirl wind of a week this has been, but I am determined to post today before leaving for SU Convention (more of that topic later). I can’t believe that it is Sunday night and I did not get around to posting these cards sooner.
The first card we did used the Moving Forward stamp set. It has three main stamps:  a helium balloon, a trike and sailboat, and a really cute little bird and frog. This card also uses the new Polka Dot Parade DSP.  The clouds were made by using the frosting portion of the Cupcake Builder punch and the waves were created by using the Adorning Accents Edgelits.  I think what is so wonderful is that with every purchase of the Moving Forward stamp set Stampin’ Up donates  $3 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC). So far SU has contributed over $1,000,000 to RMHC. I think its so great that we get to create fun cards and support a charity at the same time.  

The next card I knew I wanted to use the Fabulous You stamp set when I first saw it in the new Annual Catalog. The real bummer thing is, I can’t seem to take good pictures yet with my camera (one of my convention roomies are going to help me next week). The card shimmers, glitters and has bling going on.  I surprised myself, too with how much I enjoyed creating such a blingy card (am I becoming a girlie, girl???). I can only think of Cinderella that would have this shoe in her closet.
 What does not show up is the silver embossing of the shoe and sentiments, the sparkles of the Glimmer Paper (used for the side strip) and the embellishment on top of the shoe.  Other embellishments used for this card were the Apothecary Accent Framelits and the NEW Paper Piercing templates – okay, those two new items are great to use and so much fun!



The last cards were made from this month’s special – Reason to Smile stamp set. If you purchase $50 worth of SU product you can buy this set for $5 – such a deal! I cannot take credit for designing this card as I CASE it from my upline Janice, so kudos go out to her. I used the new 2012-2014 In-Colors Gumball Green and Primrose Petals for the coordinating paper and ribbon. I have to admit my favorite of these two color combos was the green and I would not consider myself a green gal. Oh, also used on this stamp are the new Dahlias a new accent to add to a project.  If you would like to purchase this set – don’t worry you still can. It is available until the end of July. You can access my on-line ordering with SU through my blog and you too will have a Reason to Smile!

Okay that is it for this post – I need to finish up for convention. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment