Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy Mother’s and Father’s Day!

This month, Saturday Scrappers pages were dedicated to Mom and Dad. The Mother’s Day layout uses the Twitterpated DSP. I am so glad SU decided to continue this paper in the new catalog because I just love the colors. For the flowers, we made them ourselves (see more about the flowers below). Yup we used the Flirtatious fabric and Twitterpated stock and they came out great. Also, a feminine touch was added with the Large Paper Doily die.



The Father’s Day layout was clean and simple like most dads’ I know. I saw the shirt idea on SUDSOL. Sorry I forgot who, but she had done a more tropical shirt with palm trees on it. It was great! I went for a more basic shirt – I think it looks kind of like a bowling shirt right? The stamp set used for the shirt is from the retired Grunge Rock. Remember the rocker chick birthday card from Mojo Monday? Well, I am glad I kept that set because it worked out great for this page

I know there are a lot of you that use the digital scrapbook programs, but I truly like the feel of paper and how the layers seem to add to the overall feeling.
If you would like to join my Saturday Scrappers group and create some memorable pages for yourself, I have a couple of openings. Just leave me a comment and I will get a hold of you. 
If you would like to learn how to make these flowers and more embellishments, please check out my upline Janice for her Make Your Own Embellishments Class at:  http://janicelovesstamping.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment