Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ho, Ho, Ho, Holidays!

As my last posting stated, the month of November just flew by and December seems to be the same.  My group projects this month are of course inspired by the Winter Season and Christmas Holiday.
 First, my Saturday Scrappers did four pages based on winter with Snowman and Snowflakes. Can’t wait to see the fun pictures they use to fill these pages.




For my Mojo Monday group, I put a twist to the standard colors used during the holidays. Remember Christmas does not have to be just Red and Green. I had both the Dasher and Snow Swirls stamp sets from last year’s catalog and was thrilled to see that they are still current for this year.  Now my favorite Christmas animal is a moose;  I just love the simplicity and elegance of Dasher.
The Sleigh is just the Top Note Die cut to resemble Santa’s sleigh. I added the Mica Flakes to give it a wintery touch. I had seen a version of this card on Lorri Heiling’s blog http://stampingaddict.blogspot.com/ . She is so creative.




By the way, the “snow” that you see these pages and cards sitting in is part of my husband’s wonderful holiday village scene that he does each Christmas season. We have been collecting the Department 56 – Dickens’ Village since our first Christmas together 17 years ago. It is great to see how large this village has grown over the years. 
Thank you stopping by and I hope you and your families have yourself a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. BEST.POST.EVER! Good lawd woman! LOVE your scrapbook pages!! The cards are awesome... YOU ROCK! Happy New Year! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete