Thursday, October 24, 2013

Back and Blogging!

I’m back and I'm blogging!

I am so sorry that I have not posted the past couple of months projects. I had some personal issues to contend to and then just got super busy plus a little bit of R&R to round things off. So, you will see a few blog posting back to back to catch up and here is the first one…….
 
 
 

Yippee-Skippee!


First off, isn’t it fun to say Yippee-Skippee? I could just say it over and over, Yippee-Skippee! No, really you should try it – it will put you in a great mood. Go ahead, say it now and you will see what I mean.


Back to the cards, I semi-cased this cards design from Anne who is in my Saturday Scrapper group. I loved how the inner piece reveals the “hidden” sentiment. Her card had more flowers on it, but the idea was still the same. Thanks Anne.

If I was making this card for one of my boys, I would have to stamp the inside sentiment three (3) times so it would read: You can never have too much happy, happy, happy!

Yes, we are big time Duck Dynasty fans in our house.   







Here is another fun card, again using the Yippee-Skippee set and adding the cake and Happy Birthday banner from the Sketched Birthday stamp set.
 
 

For both cards I used the same color scheme of Crisp Cantaloupe and Strawberry Slush, and DSP - Birthday Basics. In addition the Ruffle Stretch Trim ribbon around the DSP is Pistachio Pudding. This ribbon is so fun to use, it comes already pleated (time saver!).
 

Hello Halloween!

I guess I should say Halloween Hello, because that is the actual name of the stamp set used for the next two cards. This first card was so fun. I loved using the clean crisp colors of Halloween; Pumpkin Pie, Black and White, matched with the simple one image per square, layered on the black and orange. I then added the Halloween Washi tapes and stamped the background with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. I think it gives it a kooky twist.

Between you and me I had never used the Washi tape before and everyone just raved about it. Had no idea how fun it is to use and add a bit of flare to your paper crafting.

Oh, I have to give a shout out to Carrie King for this card, because I cased it.


 

It is all about the candy!

And that is what I was going for on this card. But I will admit, I think my creativity fell a little short on this card. It happens. I won’t go into detail about this card, but I continued to use the Halloween Hello stamp set.
Okay, you may have picked up on a trend with these cards. Yes, we are completing two (2) cards per stamp sets for a total of four (4) cards at my Mojo Monday’s group. This will give you a couple different ideas to use per stamp set. After that sky’s the limit for your own creative masterpieces….pieces are we talking about candy again, because it is all about the candy in October!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Haunting Stamping!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment