Sunday, March 3, 2013

Showers of Love


February, a month dedicated to LOVE, Presidents and usually a lot of rain. Well, I think I had all of that and more, I had Love; enjoyed a great evening out – went to a movie and dinner with just my husband. Yes, we left the boys at home and I saw a movie that was not a shoot them up, blow them up and involving racing cars. No, I take that back, the movie we saw had all that and more, Identity Thief. But it was oh so funny and again it was just my sweetie and I.

For my projects this month, I included a bit of love, rain but not so much of the Presidents; unless you want to count the bird in a birthday hat….and really don’t we only celebrate the President’s birthdays anyway?
 
For the first cards, I used the new Cloudy Day Embossing folders, the Rain or Shine stamp set and the Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP all from the Spring Mini Catalog. I wanted to keep the cards clean and simple, so I used white stock for the clouds and coordinating Marina Mist, Melon Mambo, and Daffodil Delight for card stock and ink.
Additional embellishments used were Marina Mist 3/8” Striped Organdy Ribbon, and Lucky Limeade 3/8” Ruffled Ribbon.


For the first of the second set of cards (remember President’s Day) we used the Papaya Collage stamp set from the Annual catalog.  We did a fun, more masculine birthday card, using Bright White, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Basic Black for the color scheme. The red striped ribbon is a retired ribbon (so sad to see that ribbon go) and additional we used the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and the coordination Bitty Banner Framelits Die for the sentiment.
The second card still using the Papaya Collage set, but this time with a much more romantic, feminine style card. Colors used were Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Vanilla, Rose Red, and Soft Suede. Embellishments on this card are Soft Suede 3/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Designer Frames embossing folders (the picture frame that the bird is posed within) the Decorative Label punch (one of my favorites), the ½” and 3/4” Circle punches, the Bitty Butterfly punch and then adorning a couple of pearls.   

I hope your month was filled with Showers of Love! Thanks for stopping by.
 
 

 
 





 

1 comment:

  1. GREAT, AMAZING, FABULOUS projects!! Love them all, but I think I might love the birdie with a hat the best! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete