Sunday, September 9, 2012

The end of Summer...


…well, at least for Scrapbooking Pages.
My Saturday Scrappers’ had asked for a couple sets of themed pages; one Bar-B-Que set and the other set for more pictures of her grandchildren.

For the Bar-B-Que pages, I used an old 1998 Stampin’ Up! set “BBQ Fun” I had around. I thought it was odd I hadn’t sold it at the last Craft Garage Sale – but things happen for a reason. Does everyone remember when Stampin’ Up! put the year the stamp was released on the labels? I kind of miss that.  I layered this set with the current “Comfort Café” DSP, a red checkered paper (to emulate a table cloth) and still a favorite of mine, the retired brown striped ribbon. All layers are on “Crumb Cake” card stock. I love how the Comfort Café stock can be a bit outdoor country for these pages.
 
The second set of pages was my last bit of color of summer. I used the retired “Berry Blossom” DSP and the current “Fruits and Flowers” stamp set. Again, just talking (blogging) out loud, I wish SU! would keep the DSP stock around for 2 years. There are some that I could use over and over…..oh well. I bet you are wondering on the second page why there are some blank spots where there should be DSP??? Well I had left them open for pictures to go into those spot.  
 

Next month will be Halloween and Fall pages. I have some great ideas “brewing”…
Thanks for stopping by, look for my Mojo Monday post next.



No comments:

Post a Comment